- We are an independent group of people who live nearby and support people in Morton Hall.
- We are not part of the government or detention centres.
- We can provide emotional and practical support during your detention at Morton Hall
- We can visit you and try to support you. We can also speak to you on the phone.
- We cannot give you legal advice but we may be able to help you get in touch with your legal representative.
If you would like someone to come and visit you, or talk with you on the phone please contact us.
Text or call: 07758604293 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please note, neither phone or email are constantly monitored but you will be called or emailed back within a day or two.
Useful Links for people in detention:
Undocumented migrants – Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants (JCWI). Telephone advice line, dedicated to irregular or undocumented migrants in the UK. Advice is completely free and confidential. Phone 020 7553 7470 between 10:00 am – 1:00 pm Monday, Tuesday & Thursday.
Foreign National prisoners Free and confidential advice if you are in prison and need immigration advice 0207 7553 7468 every Wednesday 10-11am
- National Coalition of Anti-Deportation Campaigns (NCADC)
- NCADC’s Campaigning Toolkit
- Legal Aid Finder
- Bail for Immigration Detainees
- UKBA country reports
- UK Lesbian & Gay Immigration Group
- Refugee Council
- Independent Monitoring Board
- AVID (Association of Visitors to Immigration Detainees: Has information for detainees and links to Other visitors groups
- Find an MP
- No-Deportations (John O)